Knowing God


I praise God for the wonderful week of knowing Him (and knowing Him for the rest of my life). God already answered my prayer - to experience Him once again. I always participate on prayer and fasting, but I don't fully participate myself to what God wanted me to hear and do.

I am really looking forward for 2013, as I thought, it will be a fresh start with me, though I am carrying the consequences of my mistakes from 2012, I am positive that I will be victorious in 2013 and to be able to do it, I must first be one with God again. So, I am excited to participate on prayer and fasting - and I pray for it to be different.

I don't focus on how much food or tv program I will sacrifice for God - all I really wanted is to know Him and hear His voice. It is really true that if you focus less on yourself, you will focus more on God. It is a divine intervention also not to have a bunch of prayer requests to pray for and just talk to God one on one (of course I still pray for others). I have all the day to just talk with God and to remind myself that I am in the presence of a Holy God.

For to my prayer requests, I leave it to God, will it be yes or no, I trust God, whatever His answers are - I believe it is for my good and for His glory. God satisfies me.

Here are some of my take home from the messages:

Knowing God reveals who we are and who ought we to be.

Every season is the opportunity to know God, moment by moment.

Jeremiah 29:12-13(NASB)
12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

CASTING CROWNS - To Know You lyrics
To know you is never worry for my life, and
To know you is to never to give in or compromise
To know you is to want to tell the world about you
Cause I can't live without you

More than my next breath
More than life or death
All I'm reaching for, I live my life to know you more
I leave it all behind, you are all that satisfies
To know you is to want to know you more
To know you is to want to know you more

F - orgiven
A - dopted as daughter of God
R - edeem by His blood
M - ade known the mystery of Hiw will
S - ealed by the Holy Spirit

"How will you live your life after the prayer and fasting week?"

Philippians 3:7-9
7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 More than that, I count all things to be loss [a]in view of the surpassing value of [b]knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, [c]for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Lord, may I live my life of knowing You and obeying You.

Comments

Popular Posts