February: Month of Love

Yes, the whole world celebrates Valentine's Day every 14th of February. Dangwa (Flower Market in Manila) as usual busy as a bee,it was filled with flowers and people.

And yes, same with other people, I would be busy on that day, for the past years, I would be busy dreaming/wondering if I would have a date on Vday or preparing for bday surprises (i love the latter). As my friend's opinion, February is one of the month that I am emo. And I must admit it, I am longing for someone during Holiday Season, February and August. I long to have someone, the One. I wish to experience receiving flowers and surprises from the one I love. But God wake me up big time.

For February 14, 2013, there is nothing to be busy about, no wishful thinking nor bday surprises, God put me in the center of His love. He let me experience His love

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails


February 14 after work I went to Balagtas Market to buy a flower. I waited for an hour for the bouquet of flowers. God gave me patience and endurance to really wait, while standing and looking for the bunch of flowers and people buying it. (Thank God, there were no gerbera flowers, I didn't feel envious).

Why and for whom was the flower? It is for my mom, I didn't really planned to buy her a flower, in my mind, I am giving her anyway even if there is no occasion(and since she's asking for another gift) but, when I saw my Aunties posted pictures with their bouquet of flowers, God made me realized "What my mom feels?" knowing that my father is not a type who would give her flowers.

And yes, my mom was so joyful to received the bouquet of flowers(same reaction everytime I will give her flowers). Though, I didn't received any (flowers or chocolates for valentines), God satisfied my heart and filled it with love that the next day, He prompted me to give another flowers for my two aunties. Satisfied that I never asked payment from my father for the flowers (I never talked about it to him or brag or question him).

It is all about God, if without Him, I am vulnerable to be emo. Thank God for loving me first. Few days left in the month of February, it will end soon, and another month will begin. :)


Lamentations 3:22-24
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”



(Picture taken last July 2012, Clang's bday & flowers)

Comments

Popular Posts