100 Days


As a fan of Korean drama, I adapted their simplest and romantic way of showing love to their partner. It is also the reason why I made something for my boyfriend when we are on our 100th day as a couple. And yes, I will celebrate again our 100th day as husband and wife. :)
I don’t know if I am just optimistic, but as people asked me how is married life (take note they are the one who asked first),I would answer them with a big smile "Marriage is blessing" and I thank God for creating it. Actually, some of my friends I encourage to get married but of course in God's timing and God's best. :) And then people who asked me, they will make a comment like "ah kasi bago pa lang kayo". I don't know what they are going thru, but at the back of my head, my mind telling me "masama na bang magsabi ng totoo?" But I do understand where they are coming from.

In honesty, before I got married I was so discouraged by the people who are married that saying "sigurado ka na ba diyan" naku,humanda ka na" etc etc (same din si hubby) as if they are not enjoying their married life. Thank God, we were encourage by those who knows how to enjoy marriage.

Yes, maybe we were just 3 months married,100days together, We haven't experience what others do experienced but I could truly say that "Marriage is God's blessing". I am saying it not because we don't have problems I am saying it because I know Who created marriage it is "God". And knowing that God is perfect, that God is good, that God is loving, that God is patient, that God is generous, that God is almighty, that God is powerful, that God is kind, that God is forgiving,that God is good all the time. When say Marriage is a blessing, it is my way of praising God who created it. It is still all about God, it is not about how good my husband is or how submissive I am... It is all about HIM. It is all about how I experienced God's character thru our marriage. It is how God transforming me to be more like Christ.
Genesis 2:22-24
22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." 24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Even before na boyfriend and girlfriend pa lang kami, we make it a point not to put each other to be our number 1 source of joy kaya nadala na rin namin iyon in our marriage. Do my husband always makes me feel love? Do I always have a quiet spirit? Honestly, in humility my answer is "NO". But I never regret getting married and the more the days passing by the more I fall in love with my husband. (and if you can see me writing this, I am smiling right now). Thank God for marriage. Thank God for He is the true source of Joy and Love.

Our wedding day is God's reminder to me for the rest of my life that He is in control.That He give what is the best for me. It makes my relationship with Jesus rekindled everyday, how I met Jesus, how Jesus saves me. Who am I Lord? I am such a sinner, I made a lot of mistakes in my life, I said a lot of bad things, I am not good but still You chose me, Jesus died on the cross even if I am still a sinner (see Romans 5:8)Jesus saves me from the pit of hell. It is all by His grace that I've been saved and it is also by grace that I got married. I thank God that my husband loves me as Jesus do. Till now, he keeps improving and becoming more like Christ. Yes, I am more in love with him right now. And I am writing this post for me to be reminded how God works and how God shows His power in our life. I know life, marriage and people are not perfect and I need this kind of things to be reminded, to remind myself that no matter what life's imperfection is, I/we have the perfect God who is the Lord of lords.

Comments

Popular Posts