What the Children do not know... What the Parent should know.. Part 2

Part 2... After 3 years

It is for parents dapat but I will just write it for me and for my husband. I believe kasi parenting style differ; it depends on the need of a child.

To Reese and Baby RC's Parents,

1. Train them in the ways of the Lord

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.


Disciple first and foremost your children. You will be the first who will lead them to Christ.. Do not give pressure or blame to their future Dleader. Their Dleader is not responsible for their actions and attitude. You will be the one who will train them in their spiritual life and character.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 ESV
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.




2. Model to them Christlikeness

Titus 2:7 ESV
Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity,


Children do not learn values through long lectures. We need to actually ask ourselves, "What kind of model am I to my children?" - Ptr. Tan Chi
Modelling is about authenticity not perfection. Values are more caught than taught.(from MOTIVATE BOOK).

Family is the first ministry. So no matter how many disciples and busy we are in a ministry if we don't practice what we preach in our home we failed as parents.


3. Let God be God

Proverbs 19:21 ESV
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Isaiah 55:8 ESV
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.


I am guilty on this. In my mind I have so many plans for my child (Reese). What course she should take. What are the things she should have at a certain age and the list goes on. Sometimes, as parents, we are in the edge of caring for our child and being a controlling parent. Let us lift up our plans to God and trust Him that His plan is better than ours.

Matthew 7:11 ESV
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!



4. They are our Reward

Psalm 127:3 ESV
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.


They are our reward. They are good gift. Thus, we shouldn't feel the burden of taking care of our children. Giving them their needs like food, clothes, shelter and education. Thru them, we are being brought closer to one another and mostly to God. Depending on Him in His provision and protection.


5. Extend God's grace to them.
Colossians 3:21 ESV
Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.

As I've experienced as a child and my husband too. Parents are sometimes being so perfectionist. I remember my mom whenever she asked me to washed the dishes, galit pa rin sya kahit sinunod ko na iyon. She will tell me in an angry way (disclaimer: hindi pa sya Christian niyan) "ang lawa mo naman maghugas or ang dumi ng lababo". That time hindi ko na sya marinig because instead of encouraging me that I did washed the dishes nakita nya iyong hindi ko ginawa.

That is the reason why we are gracious to our child Reese. She broke many glasses na, but we make it a point not to shout at her, instead asking her if she didn't get hurt. I hope that even until she will grows up, we will can extend grace first, hearing her out before we fire hurtful words to her and to our future children.

6. Love them

Too much love never spoils children.

This is my prayer that our home will be filled of love to each other. That our children will always want to be home and be with us. Loving God, loving one another and that love overflow with our children.

John 13:34 ESV
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.


Ultimately our goal, as a loving family is we bring glory to our GOD. Showing that we are not just a Christian family but a true disciples of Jesus Christ.

John 13:35 ESV /
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comments

Popular Posts