WakeBoarding


Wakeboarding is a surface water sport which involves riding a wakeboard over the surface of a body of water. It was developed from a combination of water skiing, snowboarding and surfing techniques.

Me and my friends was able to try it yesterday. :) and I've learned a lot that I could apply in my Christian walk. :)

1. I have to know how to do it. And for me to know it, I must listen to the instructor directions. Same way to may Christian walk, I must listen to God's instructions by reading His word (Bible) daily.

Joshua 1:8
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.


2. I must trust our instructor and apply what he says. Like so with God's word, I meditate on in day and night so I will be sure to obey everything written in it. (Josh. 1:8)I must trust God no matter what He say, He is the author of life.

3. I should not be afraid to try it. It was my first time so I was kinda you know, worried what gonna happen out there in the water. But our instructor's words encouraged me (us) he said, "huwag kayong matakot, mahulog, nangyayari talaga yun sa una."

Joshua 1:9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

I must not be worried what if I will not do it right or what if I will not glorify God's name.... All I have to do is go out there and obey God, if I will fall then I will fall, one thing is for sure that God is there by my side and ready to give me another chance.

*so why do we fall from the wakeboard if wakeboarding is automatic? Our instructor told us the right position and he told us to be still, "Lahat automatic, paghila at pagliko, ang gagawin mo lang huwag kang gagalaw, kapag nahulog ka, ibig sabihin may ginawa ka."

Me and my friend were teasing each other, "kapag nahulog ka alam na", and we're also talking about life. Life couldn't be complicated if only I obey completely to God. I wouldn't fall if I obey God, if apply His word. Sometimes, I wanted my way, I am tempted to do my way... If I will look back, all the pains and sufferings came from my mistake, from the sins I committed.

Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the Lord says: “Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls. But you reply, ‘No, that’s not the road we want!’


4. And one of the important instruction was given to us was "Huwag ka ng gagalaw, ganyan ka na hanggang sa makarating ka hanggang dulo, ang lubid ang hihila sayo, wala kang kailangang gawin." So, I fall from my board because in the middle of the ride there is some pressure that made me rattled and forgot the instruction.

In our own life, there are lot of things that making us rattle or worry but God has His instruction to us.... Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
Sometimes,it is not what we do,that make things happen, sometimes it is being still and letting God.

5. We paid for 4 hours pass, and most of us only get at least 3 tries, because of the long line. While waiting for our turn, we were telling to each other to make the most of our chance, not fall and finish it thru or even 3/4 of it,. As I ponder to it, it is like also sharing Jesus to other people. I should make the most out of it. If there are opportunity to share Jesus or show His character to people, I must give my best.

Colossians 4:5-6
5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.


Will I try wakeboarding again? Definitely, YES! We will!

“Champions keep playing until they get it right.”
― Billie Jean King

Comments

Popular Posts