Prayer

2013 has been a memorable year for me, I guess because 3 of my dreams do come true in that year. God is sovereign and gracious. Truly, He is in control and He gives what His children's heart desires if it is His will and if it will be the best for His child.

So, as I revised my prayer list for the new year, I was amazed when I saw my own prayer request....


I realized then that God answered all my prayer items... truly, God is gracious, do I deserved it? No, not at all... It is only by His grace and by His purpose.

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you your heart’s desires.

1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

More of these answered prayers, God answered my inmost prayer request: to have that passion once again in praying. Isn't God gracious? He is!

I am looking forward for my daily time with God thru prayer, hearing His will and me pouring out to Him what's in my heart. I've learned 5 things, that I will bring with me this 2014:

1. Trust God, He knows best.
James 1:6
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

2. Ask God, He knows it anyway.
Matthew 6:8
Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!

Luke 11:9
And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

3. Abide in God, He taught us what to pray.
John 15:7
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Matthew 6:9-13
Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

4. Praise God no matter what His answer.
James 5:13
Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

5. Pray, Pray, Pray
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing,

“Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” ― Max Lucado

Comments

Popular Posts