What the children Do not Know... What the Parents Should know! Part 1

Dear Children,

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
Ephesians 6:1‭-‬3 NIV


When I got married I appreciate this verses and when I have my first child I fully understand why God command it to us children.

Totoo nga ang sinasabi ng mga magulang natin , "kapag nag kaanak ka dun mo ako maiintindihan" As a child, I am the worst of the worst. Looking back I wished that I was not like that to my parents especially to my mom. I Thank God, that I had an encounter with Jesus that turned me 180°. (not as a perfect child but trying to apply Ephesians 6:1-3.

As a new mom, I realized that we children should obey and honor our parents as soon as we have grown up (not a baby nor a toddler). Why? because what we children don't realize that we already given our parents a lot of heartaches since day 1 inside their womb. Off course we do not intently hurt our parent when we our just a baby or toddler. Actually, just seeing us makes our parents' heart flutter, it is the same heart that breaks whenever we got sick, we don't eat our food, when we stumble and got injured.

Just a few things on how to obey and honor our parents: (i am not an expert as well)

1. Follow their instructions. (unless they instruct you to sin, i dont think normal parent will do that). When parents asked for our help in doing household chores or just by cleaning up our room / bed, let's do it. Why? because when we were small - your parents do it all. They always make ligpit toys/books countless time in a day. They make sure our belongings always clean and sterile.

2. Listen to their advice. When they say it will not be good for you or it will just hurt you. It will surely is. As a child we want to explore all, we want to put our hands inside the electric fan and socket. We are curious in everything. We put everything inside our mouth. So if our parents let us do what we want what will happened then? They just protecting us from harmful things and things the will not be beneficial for us. Believe it, Mothers knows best.😉

3. Appreciate every little things they do or buy. Whether it is cooking or ironing our clothes say "thank you to them". Never demand things that they do not afford or tell them that they should buy you this and that, that you deserve it. Never. Because as parents we want to give everything that the world will offer but we just give what is necessary. I tell you our parents sacrifice a lot for us to be alive and live.

4. Trust their heart. Believe that they love you so much even in times of discipline.

because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”
Hebrews 12:6 NIV


Believe me or not as a parent it is hard for us to discipline our child because all we want is for the child to be happy all the time. So we will bear the hurt just to discipline the child so that he/she will learn from the mistake and as she/he grow old he/she would know what is the right and wrong thing.

My parents are not the ideal parents i grew up. I experience a lot of heartache from their wrong parenting style but as we came to know the Lord and said our sorry for one another... I truly thank the Lord that they are my parents because if it is not I do not know who can handle a disrespectful child like me.

We can fully obey and honor our parents by having Jesus Christ in our heart. If we know and experience how good our Heavenly Father, we will have an overflowing love for our earthly parents.

Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you!
Isaiah 49:15 NLT

So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”
Luke 11:13 NLT



Comments

Popular Posts